Opinions of those in the know
Google released its “Wikipedia killer” Knol into the wild. I don’t create content on Wikipedia (although I do consume some of it). So leave it to the experts…
- The owner makes an announcement
- TechCrunch says its Wikipedia for money;
- ReadWriteWeb emphasizes authorship;
- Search Engine Land talks moderation;
- Mashable declares it’s Squidoo II;
- Silicon Alley Insider justifiably mocks its coverage of toilets.
The rest is up to you.
UPDATE: One apparent advantage of Knol…owning it.