Working life started with a managerial role in Arthur Andersen’s Bankruptcy and Reorganization Group. From there I held COO, CFO and CTO positions in [more than] a handful of venture-backed technology and financial services companies, several of which scored three or four digit IRRs for investors. I’ve also done strategic, financial and technology consulting for countless businesses (on three continents), am a Certified Public Accountant, and previously held six securities/commodities licenses – Series 3, 7, 24, 27, 30 & 66 – with nary a compliance ding. I am fantastic golf partner if you are looking for tour-quality laughs, and a perpetual novice at catching fish via fly-rod (despite what you may have heard).
I solve business problems, occasionally using computers (as well as pens, pencils, paper, whiteboards, flipboards, chalkboards, and/or elbow grease + common sense). I’ve found old-fashioned phone and face-to-face communication extremely useful too; facechat, twitgram, instabook, snappedin … not so much. I enjoy running tight ships, and teaching others to do the same.
Origin i.e. where posts came from:
- Notes – Links of interest with limited commentary
- Office – From the desk; possibly boring, often helpful
- Outdoors – Mostly fly fishing and golf, occasionally keeping score
- Spamroll – Almost everything from the now defunct internet security blog Spamroll.com
- Thoughtmarket – Almost everything from my old personal blog at Thoughtmarket.com
Minimalist theme by this excellent human. Plus a few tweaks.