Working life began with a managerial role in a multi-national accounting firm’s bankruptcy and reorganization group. From there I held COO, CFO and CTO positions in [more than] a handful of venture-backed technology and financial services companies, several of which scored three or four digit IRRs for investors. I’ve also done strategic, financial and technology consulting for countless businesses (on three continents), simultaneously held six securities/commodities licenses, Series 3, 7, 24, 27, 30 & 66, and passed the CPA exam while still in diapers (or at least that’s how long ago it feels).
I solve business problems, occasionally using computers (as well as pens, pencils, paper, whiteboards, flipboards, chalkboards, and/or elbow grease + common sense). I’ve found old-fashioned phone and face-to-face communication extremely useful too; facechat, twitgram, instabook, snappedin … not so much. I am fantastic golf partner if you are looking for tour-quality laughs, and a perpetual novice at catching fish sans bait (despite what you may have heard).
Origin i.e. where posts came from:
- Notes – Links of interest with limited commentary
- Office – From the desk; possibly boring, often helpful
- Outdoors – Mostly fishing and golf i.e. mostly lying and losing
- Spamroll – Almost everything from the now defunct internet security blog Spamroll.com
- Thoughtmarket – Almost everything from an old personal blog at Thoughtmarket.com
Minimalist theme by Anders Norén.